Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: something to get some opinions.

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    something to get some opinions.

    Im surprised no one has mentioned this on here yet, but Ill start the topic and give my opinion on the matter. If you have not heard about the Blasphemy Challenge be prepared for some what of a shock. Its basically a group of people who feel that they are tired of religion, christianity in paticular, but they say all religion. Its based on the scripture verse of deny the holy spirit and it being the only unforgivable sin. Its denyng, or saying "I deny the holy spirit" in order to show your protest or disbelief in GOD.

    INSTRUCTIONS:
    You may [censored] yourself to Hell however you would like, but somewhere in your video you must say this phrase: "I deny the Holy Spirit."

    Why? Because, according to Mark 3:29 in the Holy Bible, "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Jesus will forgive you for just about anything, but he won't forgive you for denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. Ever. This is a one-way road you're taking here.

    Once you have shot your blasphemous video, just follow these two easy steps:

    1. Go to this link on YouTube to upload your video as a "Video Response" to the Blasphemy Challenge. (You can log in or register on that page if necessary.) Please put the URL http://www.blasphemychallenge.com somewhere in the text description when you upload your video.

    2. When the video appears on YouTube, send the URL to this email address: [email protected]. Also include a complete United States mailing address* so we can send your free copy of The God Who Wasn't There.

    All of that is taken from they're website which you can fin here. http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

    Now, my personal opinion on the matter is one of awe, lack of understanding and confusion. To me someone who acknowledges a verse in scripture and gives it verification by taking the measures to deny it. If your denying it are you not acknowleging it? Most of the assault is based on Christianity, and why I am not really sure. Maybe its a backlash on the twisting of Christianity by our culture to where its own self is mocked by TV preachers, judgemental elitists (sp) or for whatever reason people find the need to do this or "take the challenge". I cannot imagine doing something like this, to me its preying on people who may be confused, easily influenced or just unsure in their life. And its directed at the youth, that is attested by the creators of the website and the idea.

    I was just wondering what the opinions are of the people on the board.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: something to get some opinions.

    [ QUOTE ]
    To me someone who acknowledges a verse in scripture and gives it verification by taking the measures to deny it. If your denying it are you not acknowleging it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Exactly, but if you confront them on this they will have some prescripted round about answer where they talk in circles and don't really ever address the subject.

    [ QUOTE ]
    to me its preying on people who may be confused, easily influenced or just unsure in their life. And its directed at the youth, that is attested by the creators of the website and the idea.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    The only way for them to gain any members is by doing this, I can see that they really hit college campuses hard with this and especially incoming freshman who are actively searching for something whereby they can differintiate themselves and show some indepent thinking. Which they are totally duped into beliveing is their own by quick talking con-artists.

    As for myself I refuse to even open any of these links, since I find them totally offensive. I wonder if I can get the ACLU to side up with me since I am offended, I have just as much a case as any other person they deffend.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: something to get some opinions.

    no opinion on this? Im shocked.

    Ill add this democrats are satanists
    Republicans are pagans

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: something to get some opinions.

    [ QUOTE ]
    The only way for them to gain any members is by doing this, I can see that they really hit college campuses hard with this and especially incoming freshman who are actively searching for something whereby they can differintiate themselves and show some indepent thinking. Which they are totally duped into beliveing is their own by quick talking con-artists.


    [/ QUOTE ] Kids are easily confused. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You have to watch out for them and I think something might have been lost in the translation here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •